By practicing these principles in ALL of our affairs, we will have a better life.
These principles contain references to a Higher Power. Many who come here have a problem with that. Here at OLGA/OLG-Anon, the concept of a Higher Power is being able to go somewhere to get more support to leave an addiction because WE COULD NOT QUIT BY OURSELVES.
1. Honesty and Acceptance Truly admitted I am powerless over gaming and that my life has become unmanageable. Accept that. I am no longer a social gamer. It is affecting my "real" life, and the lives of my loved ones, in a big way.
2. Hope Believe that I can get my "real" lives back.
3. Faith I decide to ask for help.
4. Action and Courage Really take a good look at my life, and made a searching and fearless inventory. Have the courage to be aware of how I really lived my "real" life. What was I trying to escape from? What don't I want to face?
5. Integrity Admitted to a Higher Power of my understanding, myself and another human being the exact nature of my wrongs. What did I find out when I took that searching and fearless inventory in step 4?
6. Willingness to let go of my defects of character and start over.
7. Humility Actually ask for help, from a Higher Power of my understanding, to remove my shortcomings.
8. Brotherly love Make a list of persons I had harmed, during my gaming sprees and became willing to make amends to them (including myself.)
9. Justice Made direct amends to such people wherever possible.
10. Perseverance Continue to take personal inventory, and when I was wrong, promptly admit it. (Don't just say, I am sorry say I was wrong - do something different.) And, also, acknowledge when I do right.
11. Spirituality Sought to improve my conscious contact with a Higher Power of my understanding. Every day, pray for knowledge of my Higher Power's will for me and the power to carry that out. Hey, look at where I got myself when I was running the show! Accept myself where I am at, and how I am. What doors are opening for me, to do better in my real life? Really take a look at myself to see what I can do to take better care of me and those I love. Be here, in the present. Grow beyond our fears. Face them. Experience REAL life all of the ups and downs. Everyone has them. Don't run away.
12. Service Having become aware of where I really ended up how far down I went, and finding out there is hope, IF I am willing to go to any length to come back into my real life, carry this message to others tell them what happened to me. Share my story. And finally, practice these principles in ALL of my affairs, throughout my life.
What you do may seem insignificant, but it's important that you do it. - Mahatma Gandhi