Husband spends 1100 a month on games

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chrisiqntl
OLG-Anon member
Husband spends 1100 a month on games

Hey guys. I'm new here. 
So I think my husband is addict to phone games. Over a period of 3 years he spends ten thousands of dollars on phone games. We paid off his credit card only for him to max it out again. We talked about it before and he always promised he will stop spending that much. I don't mind him playing games ir even spending like 200-300 a month on Games but it's getting out of hand. So sometimes I get a gut feeling to check his transactions and last time which was around July 2021 he spend close to 900$ on it. And I said that it's not normal and maybe he needs someone to talk to. And his response basically was. "I'd rather divorce you than go to therapy". I was still upset after. But it kinda calmed down.

so last night I had a feeling I need to check. And of course for just this month ao January first to yesterday he spent 1180$ on games. There was one day where he had 3 transactions of 99.99$  
i feel like I'm going crazy. When I tried to tan to him about he said "what you gonna do huh" and "if you don't check you won't be disappointed so it's your fault" or "you can't say sh** because you don't work enough" mins you we live overseas and getting jobs on base is not as easy. So I'm happy with just getting a part time job. like I'm trying but I have had enough. I love him but I don't know what to do. It's always his games. Spending so much money he DOESNT have is crazy to me!!!

like I'm at the point where I can't even look at him cause I'm so upset. And kind of resent him. 

maybe you guys have advice. 

TIA 

chrisi 

Polga
Polga's picture
AdministratorOLG-Anon memberOLGA member
Hi Chrisi

Hi Chrisi

That sounds bewildering and devastating that he spends moneu you do not have.

It's not normal and it its affecting your relationship and your security

Our first aid kit for spouses is here. Read it through for useful tips

https://www.olganon.org/forum/i-need-help-spousessignificant-others/first-aid-kit-spouses-and-significant-others-video-game

There is a thread here about when spending gets out of control which may be relevant to you

http://www.olganon.org/forum/discussion-spousessignificant-others-olg-anon-members-only/he-has-spent-37k-8-months-gaming

You need to do something to protect yourself financially as a minimum

INFO

Help for gamers here

Help for parents of gamers here

Help for spouses/SO's of gamers here

Parent's online meeting THURSDAY 9pmEST/EDT click here

Online meetings gaming addicts click here

Please help! Donate here

tariq141011
tariq141011's picture
OLGA member
That sounds like a really

That sounds like a really tough situation. Understandably, you're frustrated and concerned about your husband's gaming habits. It's essential to have a serious conversation with him about the impact that his spending is having on your family's finances and your relationship.

Spammer