Microsoft Demos Game Across Windows Phone 7, Xbox 360, and Windows 7

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
J. DOe
OLGA member
Microsoft Demos Game Across Windows Phone 7, Xbox 360, and Windows 7

The article at http://gizmodo.com/">http://gizmodo.com/5487232/microsoft-demos-game-across-windows-phone-7-x... says:

Quote:Whoa. During the keynote presentation at TechEd Middle East in Dubai, Microsoft's Eric Rudder played the same Indiana Jones-ish game on a Windows computer, a Windows Phone 7 phone, and an Xbox 360. Gaming is about to get real ubiquitous.

Not only is the game itself playable on all three platforms, but the session is maintained when you move from device to device: if you're playing on your Xbox and have to run out the door, you'll be on the same level when you fire it up on your Windows Phone 7 Series phone. Basically, you'll never have an excuse not to be gaming.

I'm sure this is very exciting to some of you and a little scary to others. Regardless of its potential for crippling your productivity and taking out your social life at the knees, it's pretty amazing stuff. ...

Microsoft is rarely a leader, but it seems to be so in this case. Not only can you play the same game across all 3 of the platforms, but even the same session, so one can continue playing even while they are traveling or otherwise away from their primary station! Even though Apple's new iPad can run the same programs as their iPhone (including, of course, games), I don't know if they support that sort of game playing continuity. For those of us gaming addicts, this is one more somewhat scary development.

- John O.

[em]Carpe Diem![/em] (Seize the Day!)

fly by night
OLGA member
I would not be surprised if

I would not be surprised if Microsoft does'nt come up with a way in the future to even let you play games somehow while your asleep.That is kinda scary that there making games more avalible threw different platforms.When is enough..enough?

"It's all in your mind...Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life.If you continue to believe as you have always believed,you will continue to act as you have always acted.If you continue to act as you have always acted,you will continue to get what you have always gotten.If you want different results in your life or your work,all you have to do is change your mind." Anonymous...

josh236
OLGA member
The next generation of games

The next generation of games could be something more like the holo deck from the star trek series. That would then be much more addictive.

Desire to Stop
Desire to Stop's picture
OLGA member
Juice wrote: The next
Juice wrote:

The next generation of games could be something more like the holo deck from the star trek series. That would then be much more addictive.

This would be a disaster for me. Pretty sure I would be one of those people who dies on the holodeck from starvation!

Cheers, Desire to Stop
ALL quoted text (unless otherwise stated) comes from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous (with wording sometimes changed only to make it more relevant for gaming addiction). I will include page numbers.

Hoping & praying for a measure of recovery for all of us today.