100 days but want to relapse really really bad

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dabu
OLGA member
100 days but want to relapse really really bad

I just want to download some rpg, not even an mmo, just something finite which I can complete in 10 hours max, run around for a bit killing things, then uninstall, I've never been so long without gaming in my life, I can't do anything else anymore, can't watch videos, can't do sports, can't sleep, can't function basically, just constantly thinking about games staring at a ceiling, tearing up uncontrollably, I used to game for 4000 hours a year only leaving house once a week to go to shop, maybe if I rush through some ES or FO campaign I'd get enough energy to go 100 more days, that will only take like 10 hours, should I do it or will I **** up?

Polga
Polga's picture
AdministratorOLG-Anon memberOLGA member
Dabu

Dabu

100 days is an awesome achievement. 

Those withdrawals sound really bad. Hang in there if you can.

Have you tried to listen to the mumble meetings ?

http://www.olganon.org/forum/line-meetings-message-board/all-online-meetings-computervideo-gaming-addicts

If you can make connections with other gamers through the meetings or the accountablity thread on this forum, you stand a better chance of getting through this.

Accountability thread here: http://www.olganon.org/forum/ongoing-recovery-and-progress-gamers/daily-count-and-accountability?page=17#comment-264478

12 step recovery may help you. Check out the 12 step threads.

If you can, just get out of the house and go for a walk...Do you have anybody that can be with you?

Quote from a gaming addict "The voice of addiction is very strong and does its best to drive us back to gaming. But we don't have to believe its lies. The truth is that one day at a time we can take steps in a better direction, and even though the progress seems painfully slow and the addiction tells us to give up, if we keep moving in that positive direction day by day, one day soon we wake up to a new life and feel good about ourselves and how life is going."

INFO

Parent's online meeting THURSDAY 9pmEST/EDT click here

Online meetings gaming addicts click here

Spouses/SO's of addicts click here

Parents of addicts click here for advice

Help for video game addicts click here

Please help! Donate here

Polga
Polga's picture
AdministratorOLG-Anon memberOLGA member
These threads may help

INFO

Parent's online meeting THURSDAY 9pmEST/EDT click here

Online meetings gaming addicts click here

Spouses/SO's of addicts click here

Parents of addicts click here for advice

Help for video game addicts click here

Please help! Donate here

Ritchy
OLGA member
welcome

Welcome.  It's really good that you're speaking up and reaching out for help.  That was the point at which my life started to really change for the better.

Before that point, I was struggling and suffering and trying to stop or moderate my gaming for years.  I did manage some stretches without games, but I felt like you feel.  I felt restless, irritable, unable to deal with life, unmotivated to do much of anything, impulsive, depressed.  It's no wonder I kept relapsing.

It changed when I starting going to meetings, getting to know others in recovery, and trying out their suggestions.  Together we can do what we cannot do alone.  A new life is possible.  Keep reaching for it, you're worth it.

planner
OLGA member
run away!

It might help to go and spend one week or more in the nature away from your computer or smartphone. ask someone to join you to not feel bored.

"Recovery is not about dealing with gaming. Recovery is about dealing with Life"