December 16, 2007

1 post / 0 new
John of the Roses
John of the Roses's picture
OLGA member
December 16, 2007

Caring & Sharing

I will take advantage of today's opportunities for caring and sharing, remembering that my recovery depends not on what I have but on what I give.

Close, warm, loving contacts with my family and friends are what feed my heart and spirit and fill the inner emptiness. When I am willing to share the gifts I have received, I always have enough, because what I give comes back to me.

If I am to keep the gifts, I must share them. They are mine as long as I give them away. To do that I need to realize we are all working toward a similar goal: that of developing our potential and becoming who we are meant to be. We help each other toward this goal by sharing our experience, strength, and hope.

Thanks to the progress I am making in recovery, I like to think I am more loving, more open, more spontaneous, more confident. I believe these gifts have come to me through my Higher Power, the Twelve Steps, and the friends who have helped me grow.

(Taken from hazelton and edited for content)

"There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative." --W. Clement Stone