It's important to list the slogons here, and learn how they can help in certain times of need (some have saved my life). Sometimes I would carry a list on my hand during the day. They train us to think differently.
There really are only eight original ones but they speak volumes. I will list them and I think a thread should be started on each, a suggestion.
- Easy does it
- First things first
- Live and let live
- But for the grace of God
- think......think.......think (usually upside down on the wall btw -for a reason since our thinking is backwards)
- One day at time
- Let go and Let God
- This too shall pass
and some more, though not the originals...evolved over time...
- Habits first are cobwebs, afterwards wire ropes.
- My brain is NOT my friend.
- My brain will kill my body to get what is wants.
- It is better to resolve a conflict then to disolve a relationship.
- People are more important then things.
- kiss---keep it simple stupid (or sweetie)
- act as if.........
- expect miracles
- i can't .........he can..........i think i'll let him (steps 1,2,3)
- if it works.........don't fix it
- keep coming back..........it works if you work it
- stick with the winners
- sometimes a person needs to sit in one spot and just hurt.
- sobriety is a journey ..........not a destination
- faith without works is dead
- It ain't what you don't know that hurts you; it's what you know that ain't so.
- to thine own self be true
- I came; I came to; I came to believe (steps 1,2,3)
- live in the NOW
- if god seems far away, who moved ?
- turn it over
- we are only as sick as our secrets
- there are no coincidences in OLGA
- be part of the solution, not the problem
- sponsors: have one-----use one-----be one
- I can't handle it god; you take over
- keep an open mind
- willingness is the key
- more will be revealed
- you will intuitively know
- you will be amazed
- no pain.........no gain
- go for it
- keep the plug in the jug
- do it sober
- let it begin with me
- just for today
- pass it on
- you either is-------or you ain't
- before you say: i can't ............say i'll try
- don't quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens
- some of us our sicker than others
- we're all here because we're not all there
- gaming addiction is an equal opportunity destroyer
- practice an attitude of gratitude
- the road to being clean is a simple journey for confused people with a complicated disease
- another friend of bill w.'s
- god is never late
- have a good day, unless of course u have made other plans
- decisions aren't forever
- it takes time
- 90 meetings in 90 days.........90/90
- you are not alone
- where you go .......there you are
- don't game, read the big book, and go to meetings
- use the 24-hour plan
- make use of the telephone therapy
- stay clean for yourself
- look for similarities rather than differences
- remember your last game
- remember that gaming can be incurable, progressive, and fatal
- when all else fails, follow directions
- count your blessings
- share your happiness
- respect the anonymity of others
- share your pain
- let go of old ideas
- try to replace guilt with gratitude
- what goes around, comes around
- change is a process, not an event
- take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth
- call your sponsor before, not after, you play the first game
- sick and tired of being sick and tired
- it's the first drink that gets you drunk
- to keep it, you have to give it away
- man's extremity is god's opportunity
- the price for serenity and sanity is self-sacrifice
- take what you can use and leave the rest
- what if........
- yeah but.........
- if only.........
- next time........
- help is only a phone call away
- you can't give away what you don't have
- one game is too many and thousand not enough
- keep coming back-
- anger is but one letter away from danger
- courage to change
- easy does it, but do it
- bring the body and the mind will follow
- accept your admission
- remember when............
- dry and tighten up (financially)
- i want what i want when i want it
- there is no gaming solution to a spiritual problem
- OLGA is not something you join, it's a way of life
- spirituality is the ability to get our minds off ourselves
- faith is spelled ...............a-c-t-i-o-n
- backsliding begins when knee-bending stops
- if I think, I won't game. if I game, I can't think
- bend your knees before you bend your elbow
- the first step in overcoming mistakes is to admit them
- formula for failure: try to please everyone
- sorrow is looking back, worry is looking around
- willpower = our will-ingness to use a higher power
- OLGA is an education without graduation
- when your head begins to swell your mind stops growing
- a journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step
- god=good orderly direction
- be as enthusiastic about OLGA as you were about your gaming
- you received without cost, now give without charge
- humility is our acceptance of ourselves
- trying to pray is praying
- get it ---give it---grow in it
- faith is not belief without proof but trust without reservation
- we're responsible for the effort not the outcome
- this is a selfish program
- ego=edge god out
- i game: too much---too often---too long
- OLGA will work if you want it to work
- minds are like parachutes----they won't work unless they're open
- what you hear and see here, stays here
- Gaming is the only disease that tells you you're all right
- if you turn it over and don't let go of it, you will be upside down.
- an OLGA meeting is where losers get together to talk about their
- OLGA is a school in which we are all learners and all teachers
- God taught us to laugh again, but God please don't let us forget that we once cried
- serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm
- OLGA may not solve all your problems but it is willing to share them
- it isn't the load that weighs us down------it's the way we carry it
- principles before personalities
- when u do all the talking you only learn what you already know
- the 7t's ---take time to think the thing through
- there are none too dumb for the OLGA program but many are too smart
- we all have another GAME left in us but we don't know if we have another recovery in us
- to be forgiven we must forgive
- when we surrender to our higher power, the journey begins
- the person with the most sobriety at a meeting is the one who got up earliest that morning
- knowledge of "the answers" never made anyone slip---it was failing to practice "the answers" known
- h.a.l.t.=don't get too hungry(h).......or too angry(a)......or too lonely(l) ........or too tired(t)
- fear stands for Frustration
- the 12 steps tell us how it works; the 12 traditions tell us why it works.........
- OLGA won't ...........
keep you from going to hell.............
nor is it a ticket to heaven............
but it will...........
keep u clean long enough.........
for you to make up your mind.........
which way you want to go!
- if faith without works is dead; then .........willingness without action is fantasy
- when a person tries to control their gaming they have already lost control
- the task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us
- seven days without an OLGA meeting makes one WEAK
- you are not required to like it, you're only required to DO IT
- when wallowing in your self-pity ...... get off the cross we need the wood
- we in OLGA don't carry the recovering gamer; we carry the message
- the results are in god's hand
- we are not human beings having spiritual experiences; we are spiritual beings having human experiences
- remember nothing is going to happen today that you and god can't handle
- when man listens, God speaks; when man obeys, God works
- don't watch the "slippers", but watch those who don't slip, closely and watch them go through difficulties and pull through
- the 3 t's of gratitude to repay OLGA for being clean: our time, our talent, our treasure
- it's a pity we can't forget our troubles the same way we forget our blessings
- be careful what you pray for; you're liable to get it
- the time to attend a meeting is when you least feel like going
- work the program from the waist up
- OLGA is the highest priced club in the world.........if u have paid the dues, why not enjoy the benefits ?
- the first step is the only step a person can work perfectly
- the will of god will never take you where the grace of god will not protect you
- OLGA never opened the gates of heaven to let me in, OLGA did open the gates of hell to let me out
- the only thing we take from this world when we leave is what we gave away
- time wasted in getting even can never be used in getting ahead
- Some people are so successful in OLGA, that they turn out to be almost as good as they used to think they were when they were gaming!
- Being clean from games delivers everything games promised
- possibilities and miracles are one in the same
- get out of the driver's seat.......let go and let god
- how==honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness
- danger sign: when your eyes have wandered from the Gamer who still suffers and needs help-----to the faults of those whom the program has already helped
- first we stayed clean because we have to...........
then we stay clean because we are willing to..........
finally we stay clean because we want to.............
- slogans are wisdom written in shorthand
- active gamers don't have relationships; they take hostages
- everyday is a gift that is why we call it the present
- if you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere
- every recovery from gaming began with one game-free hour
- each and every gamer----clean or not----teaches us some valuable lessons about ourselves and recovery
- we had to quit playing god
- don't compare---identify, don't intellectualize----utilize
- RULE 62----don't take yourself so **** seriously!!!!!!!
- OLGA has a wrench to fit every nut that walks through a meeting room door
- living in the here and now
- how does one become an "old-timer" ? don't game and don't die!
- OLGA spoils your gaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- faith is our greatest gift; its sharing with others our greatest responsibility
- if you want to game-----that is your business if you want to quit-------that is Olga 's business
- in a game, we got sympathy-----as long as we showed up. in Olga,we get understanding------for nothing!
- even my worst day being clean of games is better than my best day gaming
- the elevator is broken-------use the steps
- let it begin with me
- when all else fails.........the directions are in the big book
- trust god.........clean house........help others
- anonymity is so important it's half of our name
- if we don't grow, we gotta go
- all you need to start your own Olga meeting is a resentment and a coffee pot!!
- religion is for those who fear god.........spirituality is for those who have been to hell and back
- there are no atheists in foxholes
- when you are a sponsor, you get out of yourself. if I serve, I will be served.
- why recovery never ends: the disease is gameISm, not gameWASM!
- the OLGA way of life is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions
- the smartest thing an OLGA member can say is, " help me "
- you are exactly where god wants you to be
- god will never give you more than you can handle
- slow but sure
- in OLGA we say a "coincidence" is a miracle in which god chooses to remain anonymous
- it takes the good and bad OLGA meeting----the good and bad OLGA talk-----to make this fellowship "work"
- give time .......time
- faith is a lighted doorway, but trust is a dark hall
- the lesson I must learn is simply that my control is limited to my own behavior, my own attitudes
- the OLGA paradoxes:
- ---from weakness(adversity) comes strength
- ---we forgive to be forgiven
- ---we give it away to keep it
- ---we suffer to get well
- ---we surrender to win
- ---we die to live
- ---from darkness comes light
- ---from dependence we found independence
218. OLGA works for people who believe in god
OLGA works for people who don't believe in god
OLGA NEVER works for people who believe they ARE god
219. just for today I will try to live through this day only,
and not tacklemy whole life problems at once.
I can do something for 12 hours that
would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a LIFETIME
220. there are two days in every week which we have no control over----
yesterday and tomorrow. today is the only day we can change.
221. it is not the experience of today that drives people mad----
it is the remorse or bitterness for something which happened yesterday
and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.
222. pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth
223. god has no grand kids
224. there is a god, and I am not it
225. the road to disappointment (resentment) is paved with expectation
226. be nice to newcomers .........one day they may be your sponsor
227. denial is not a river in Egypt !
228. guilt is the gift that keeps on giving
229. the flip side to forgiveness is resentments
230. there is no magic in recovery. only miracles
231. fear is the absences of faith
232. courage is faith that has said its prayers
233. depression is anger turned inward
234. Addicted Gamers heal from the Outside in.........
but feel from the Inside out
235. if it is meant to be...........i can't stop it
if it isn't god's will ............i can't make it happen
236. Accept what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.
237. Listen and Learn.
238. Stop worrying. Start working.
Submitted by Michael, with additions added by Liz W.
Be Good to yourself! Rule #62: "Don't take yourself too **** seriously! " 12x12 Book And dont forget to donate... Donate